Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm back....

Sorry i've been MIA. Life has been crazy around here. After i got my computer back Wednsday night - i had to cram and get ready to go scrapping for the weekend. Spent a few nights printing pictures and journaling. Then we left on Friday morning - it was seriously soooooooo fun! I wish i could do it more than twice a year. We rented 6 movies: Juno, 27 dresses, Tara Road (not so good), Failure to Launch, Dan in Real Life and August Rush. We watched every single one of them while we scrapped. Stayed up till 4:00am friday night then came home at midnight saturday night. I got 6 layouts done (one double) and i was pretty proud of myself. I think thats a record for me - i'm usually 4 or 5. Am pretty happy with most of them- not sure if i'm going to share yet though!

Dean left at 3:00am this morning and headed to Lake Powell for the week so we are going to try and cram as much fun in as we can to pass the time. My sister-in-law Steph watched the kids this morning while i shopped and i will do the same for her on Friday. Then this afternoon we are heading to the dinasuar park.


I resigned from the design team over at the Shaker Box last week. I have been there over 2 years now and just felt it was time for a change. I love every one there and they are an awesome supportive community with great kits! I will still hang around and chat though. I will leave you with a layout I did for the OLW challenge - made it on the slide show. I love jumpstarting a layout with a word - I think it helps me to think outside the box when it comes to what i would initially scrap about! So thanks to them! I also had one of my christmas layouts picked up for the new Holiday idea book for Scrapbook Trends! Yay!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Jane H said...

Brenda you better still hang out with us! I'll miss you so much if you don't stay there!!!

and your layout is amazing!!!!!!

Cindy Tobey said...

Your scrappin' weekend sounds like it was fun! And, WOW! Gorgeous layout!!! Love your title work and the colors, flowers...BEAUTIFUL!

Linda said...

This is beautiful! And congrats on your other layout being picked up!

Kellie said...

Brenda I love your Blog.. (this is Kellie Hales) you are truely inspirational!

carey said...

SO cute, Brenda. I'm still waiting to see those crocs. :) What did you think of "Juno" the second time around? I saw it with Tyler and laughed even harder...

Vonney said...

Very cute LO! Love the title and your journaling too!

Nicole said...

hey girl so glad you had a great scrappy weekend.
love the layout especially the title - gorgeous!

Kim Mraz said...

This is one stunning layout Brenda!! Congrats on the pub :)

Unknown said...

Darling layout!
It is so hard to leave teams, but there is that old saying that when a door shuts a window opens, it will be fun to see what is next for you!
And congrats on Holiday ST!
That weekend looks like it was fun, I hope to crop with you sooner than later ;)
B-

laura vegas said...

gorgeous layout brenda! i love the colors ... and all the fun flowers!