Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

still can't spill

the news yet - you'll have to be patient! I'm just poppin in to share a few projects - Mother's Day Cards i did the day of.......... leave it to me to wait till the last minute. The You are Special one was chosen as Card of the Day over at SIStv. So exciting! Then the other is a layout i did for the OLW challenge - a Mothers day layout about how crappy of job i feel like i do sometimes - mostly with Ethan the one who has Cystic Fibrosis and needs the most love and attention - gives me the most grief and pushes me to my limits - i feel so bad! But at the end of the day he still says he loves me forever and we wipe the slate clean and start over again. Used lots and lots of Fancy Pants on these projects!

Had a wonderful anniversary weekend with my hubby this last weekend. He booked us a room at the Silver King in Park City - a resort - the rooms were amazing - hot tub and all. We ate at the Baja Cantina (thanks Dustin and Joni for the tips)! We shopped ALOT - my hubby got way more than i did - not right i know - but i guess he needed it. We got Baylee the cutest little pair of Vans - the are black slipons with skulls that have a pink bows on them! Will share a picture soon. Anyways - it was a much needed little vacation and since my Lake Powell trip was cancelled i'm glad i got to go somewhere! Now back to reality - t-ball - sick kids (Ethan has strep - i made him get the Penicilin shot though so he would be better (or not contagious anyways) in 24 hours. He hasn't had any true symptoms though other than his voice sounds funny from the swollen tonsils - no fever or anything! I'm off - thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Abby and Brenda said...

I so love your style! That card is gorgeous with that crocheted flower!

Jane H said...

Love your projects! There is always one child in the family that is the one that drives you crazy and it always seems like that's the one that also is the sweetest :)

I can't wait to hear your announcement! Take care dear friend and come visit us often over at the Shaker Box.

Linda said...

I don't know if I can be patient for much longer. :) Can't wait to hear what it is!

Beautiful cards and layout!

Dustin, Joni & Brighton said...

I am glad that you guys had fun in Park City! Cute Cards!

carey said...

You are waaaaay too hard on yourself. It's hard being a mom to a boy w/CF (who needs extra attention on top of that - I'm with ya!). I've seen the amazing job you do, Brenda. OK, Bailee's vans couldn't be cuter than her crocs. Dying to see a picture soon. I LOVE those cards by the way. Tell me your news, dangit.

laura vegas said...

such fun projects! i love that first card and all the flowers! can't wait to hear your news!

Vonney said...

Love the mother's day cards you made! I can't wait to hear your news that you want to tell everyone! I hope you can tell us soon!

Anonymous said...

very very cute! And I love your new haircut!