Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

The Call

Well i got the call today that for some reason i just never thought i would get. We've been so lucky with Ethan's health so far its almost just been put on the back burner - i forget that he suffers from the disease. So Clinic called today and said that he cultured Psuedemonis (SP??). They said that it was such a rare strain of it - the lab had never seen it before, so they want me to bring him back in and do another culture. So for the first time he will be on TOBY (an inhaled drug) that should take care of it. I know in the CF world this is a pretty minor thing and happens all of the time - and i should be thankful that this is our first time EVER to culture anything and he is 4 1/2. But for some reason it just hit home - kinda made it seem more real to me. I know i can do better on my part - i really have probably become way to lax - he is so healthy that like i said before - i forget, or just think oh it will be fine if we do this or that. Hmmm - definatley will be rethinking my ways.................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be a worry for you -- What exactly is it? What could you do differently? Well, at least they have treatment for it. You're a good mom and you do the best you can for all your kids.

AnneMarie said...

hang in there- just found my bud I told you about- he is now math dept chair at his hs. He is doing great at age 40:)