Pages

Friday, August 28, 2009

Good things Utah

sooooooooooo i guess i am going to be doing a segment on Good Things Utah next Tuesday! It all started with trying to get on to promote the Crop for Cystic Fibrosis. It has since turned into a back to school project and then i will mention the crop afterwards. I'm pretty excited (nervous as all get out- but excited). Just want to share a few layouts i did with a few of the new releases from Fancy Pants. The first is the new Dancing Girl line by LiLi - i had a challenge to use the journal notebooks in a creative way - i cut one in half and used a cirlce one for titles. ARen't these pictures of Baylee so funny - she was putting her 'ipstick' on - just like mommy does - its a good thing i caught her when i did!!This is from the Rough and Tough line - I love the little cloud glitter cut. The journaling is a coversation Ethan and I had a few years ago:

Ethan: Mommy - can you help me?

Me: Hold on bud - i'm busy.

Ethan: Right now!

Me: Bud - i only have 2 hands!

Ethan: If you were an Ocotopus you could - because then you would have 8 hands!

Aren't kids so darn funny. I've had this conversation written down forever - i was glad to finally get it down on paper.

Tonight i get to go play with my girlfriends that i don't see very often - do a whole lot of nothing but veg and hang out! I am taking this too die for peanut butter dip and Apples that have fallen from my neighbors tree and he hasn't done a thing with them - single guy who doesn't care - i will have to share a picture of the grass - its really sad. Most of the branches have broken from the wieght of the apples so the ones on the branches don't even grow - and then there are HUNDREDS of them on the ground. Here is the recipe for the dip if you LOVE peanut butter like me - you will LOVE it!

  • 1 8oz cream cheese (i buy the whipped because its easier to stir)
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup milk

I use a mixer - it makes it creamier - but you don't have too! Last time i made - we were dippin some crazy things - graham crackers, oreos, strawberries - whatever goes i say!

Have a great weekend friends!!

5 comments:

laterg8r said...

great LO's, love the new lines - love the 'ipstick' page :D

Rebekah Williams said...

An octopus!! There's a new one! I love it. If only God had thought that one through . . . ha ha

Stephanie said...

You did great today!! You were so collected and put together- I would have been a mess. Thanks for posting the apple recipe now I don't have to call you for it.

laura vegas said...

so i guess you filmed today, since i'm reading this late. i want to see ... is there a way to watch it online? i just had my film debut this weekend ... and i was a wreck of nerves. i'm sure you did great though!

love the layouts. those photos of baylee crack me up!

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

super lovely layouts!!
good luck on your "good things utah!!"
xoxox
annie