Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

summer days...........

so far - the kids are driving me crazy :) But i still love it.  I'm just having a hard time getting them going and out the door and it seems like i tell them in the morning and i'm still telling them in the afternoon.  And my Baylee (3) and Ethan (7) do not get along at all - so strange.  So i seem to be playing the referee for those 2 starting at breakfast.  But other than that - we are good.
I tried to put Ethan in charge of Baylee while we watched Mason's baseball game last night and it didn't go over well.  I couldn't see the park they were playing at from where i was sitting so in the 2nd inning i decided to run over and check on them - the sight was unbearable - i was sooooooooooo embarassed.  Right along this nice trail that people were walking along with thier dogs and jogging were my 2 kids, Baylee with her pants down crying because she had peed all over herself and Ethan letting it all hang out taking care of his own business - that's what happens when you put a 7 year old in charge.  Instead of coming to tell mom Baylee needs to go potty - he takes her to a bush in a public park.  So needless to say - they won't be leaving my sight again at the games - if i can't see the park - they can't play. 
I've been going through a scrapbooking drought latley - i hate it.  I think about it every single day - but havn't found the time or energy.  It's a good thing i have my Design Team assignments to get me moving.........and wanting to do more.  I'm doing prep work after this blog entry so as soon as the kids go down - i can get started on some projects. 
Just wanted to share a few more pictures from Memorial Day - next up are my St. George pictures - need to get them uploaded.  The kids love fishing on this pond my dad put in a few years ago - the fish are ginormous this year.  So the kids spent alot of time there.
This is a new recipe i tried a while ago that my kids LOVED.  I just grilled hamburger, put it in a whole wheat pit and topped with mozarella cheese - then sauted mushrooms and onions and put on top - CHeeseburger pockets!  Yum - easy summer dinner - and of course the home made fries (baked) to go with them. 

Have a great day!
B

5 comments:

laterg8r said...

oh poor baylee :D

hope your mojo comes back :D

Keshet said...

I think we all go through scrapping droughts, I hope your mojo comes back soon!

Briana Johnson said...

oh that is so funny! My son is 4 and doesn't seem to understand peeing in public is rude. Now he tries and find a place to hide so he can do it anyway. That recipe looks delicious - I can see my kids liking that too.

Unknown said...

Oh sweet Baylee...
giggling though!
Miss you tons, we need to find time to get together soon!
B-

Laura Gilhuly said...

fabulous photos! My boys are either the worse of enemies or the best of friends....depending on their moods! I spend a lot of time being referee too!

Hope your mojo comes back!

Looking forward to working with you next month as our GDT at scrapbookdreamer! Have a great day!