Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Method Playground challenge!

another challenge up at Method Playground. It was to use tissue paper or tissue or napkins or anything of that kind on your layout! I took the simple route and used the white shiney tissue paper as a ruffle. I like the look - i sewed it down with some sheer ribbon over top. Go check out the MP BLog to see what the other girls did this week.

The chipboard (not the heart), rubon's and the paper are all from GCD Studios. This is when i was struggling whether or not to take the binki away from baylee..........she kept it for another 8 months after this picture! I really really love those Heidi Swapp chipboard shapes that have the resist designs. On this i used some metalic rub on chalk. But the Chalk ink works great too.

In my world............i just can't seem to get on top of things. I finally completed my mortgages courses and passed the exam with an 89.9%! Was pretty happy to get that out of the way - it has seriously consumed the last 2 weeks. I even had sitters over here during day so i could take some of the classes. but yay! I'm done! I went to the dr today and i have ANOTHER cyst. He just removed one in May. So the next step i guess besides removing the only ovary i have left - which i'm not ready for is to try a med called Lupron - its supposed to put my ovary to sleep - will cause menapausel side affects - nice. But worth a try. So we will see how that goes.

I'm heading to the Memory Works Retreat tomorrow. I'm so excited to go and nervous to teach - at least i will get to attend a few classes before i teach mine to get an idea of how it works. Wish me luck! Then Sunday we are off to Idaho for a week to go camping! I'm so looking forward to getting away with my family. The kids are going to love it. Summer has kept me away from the scrapping world - i feel out of touch - havn't posted much on any boards or followed any blogs - so for those of you out there that still read mine - thanks! And hopefullly i will be back at it after this trip!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Staci Taylor said...

Your LO is gooorgeous, brenda!! I love the softness and femininity the tissue paper adds - I totally want to try that! Ugh, so sorry you have another cyst - you can't cath a break! Fingers crossed that the new med works! Have a GREAT time at the retreat - you will do great!!

Andrea Amu said...

Wow, that tissue paper looks awesome with the sheer ribbon sewn over the top! You are so creative :)

And yes, So sorry about the cyst again... so frustrating I'm sure.

Living the scrap said...

Oh!! Beautifull Lo!!! Congratulations!